This is a miscellaneous selection of sites that I've
Eso es una colleccion de paginas web que me han resultado interesante. Hasta ahora, son todas en inglés. Lo siento.
- European Reader
A site for readers and writers in Europe and beyond
- Eugie Foster
Eugie is a fellow member of the Critter Litter, and she's had a lot of success
lately selling short stories. She also got an agent for her novel in under a
week. Definitely a name to watch!
- Peadar O'Guillen
Another member of the Critter Litter, and a mean horror writer.
- Philip Lees
Yet another member of the Critter Litter, who escaped British drizzle for Crete, where he runs a writer's workshop, in between growing his list of publication credits.
- Hank Quense
Another published member of the Critter Litter.
- Jan Clark
Fantasy, Poetry, Inspirational, Humor, and another member of the Critter Litter.
- Manda Benson
Home of the musings, doodlings and writings of Manda, another member of the Critter Litter.
- Cheryl Wright
Cheryl is an award winning Australian writer. Her site includes some really good e-books on writing and some publicity tips. Her other site Writer2Writer contains many writing related articles, regular free contests, and free courses. Check it out!
- Robyn Opie
Robyn is an Australian children's author who has published 54 books so far. Check out her freebies: writing articles and even whole books. She's also on the staff of Children's Fiction Factor, another great site.
- Stephen D. Rogers
Stephen is a published writer of fantasy, horror, literary, mystery, personal essays, romance, and science fiction. His website contins a directory of published writers.
- Ilona Hegedus
Ilona Hegedus is a young Hungarian writer and literary translator, who lives and works in Budapest.
She writes poems and short stories in English and in Hungarian, and
she is working on her first book of poetry.
- Kev Anderson
Kevin's story "A Bump in the Road" appeared in FARthing , alongside my own "Scream Quietly". He writes dark fantasy with a glint of humor.
- Marius Benta
Marius is a Romanian, currently studying in Ireland. He writes fiction, drama and essays, in both Romanian and English.
- Donald H Sullivan
A writer from Florida.
- Hugo Roberts, a writer with a fascinating life story (and if you're feeling down, his site includes a selection of jokes
- Nadia Anjuman Nadia was an Afgani poet who died at the age of 25 from head injuries received at home. Her husband thought she brought shame on the family by having poetry published. He confessed to the assault, but not to murder. Today, the case is classified by the courts as "suicide." Suicide?
I am caged in this corner
full of melancholy and sorrow ...
my wings are closed and I cannot fly ...
I am an Afghan woman and so must wail.
Workshops and WritingGroups
Critters This is the famous spec fic workshop where the Critter Litter met up. It's extremely well run, and a great place to learn how to write better.
This groups is for writers of the EU.
Writers from both from present and prospective member states are welcome.
- Jacqui Bennett Writers Bureau
This site is mostly for those
interested in writing for UK women's magazines. It contains a market list. She
also runs a short story mini course, which I took. One of the exercises I did
sold to Yours magazine, so obviously I'm very pleased with the course.
- Show, Don't Tell Beginners are contstantly told to show their story rather than tell it, but how do you do this? This e-course is run by Robyn Opie, and I found her endlessly patient and her explanations clear. I certainly feel I got my money's worh.
- Easy Way to Write A great selection of value-for-money courses.
- UK Magazine Writer's News runs seven different courses for writers. I haven't tried any yet, but they have a good reputation.
My Site Providers
- Helresa. I have their basic package, and the few problems I've had have been dealt with quickly and professionally. I recommend them.
Making the World a bit Nicer
- Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group
The Hunger Site
Click on the link, and they'll donate food to the starving people in the
world at no cost to you. You just agree to have a page full of adverts
loaded. And some of the stuff sold there is really very nice.
- Heroic Stories
True stories about ordinary people doing nice things for each other, and
the long reaching effects even small actions can have. The nightly TV news
sees to it that we're never short of depressing true stories - now read
some of the other stuff going on!
- Norma Wilow
My friend, a talented singer-songwriter. I suspect her early, home-produced CDs will become collecter's items. Grab one now!
- The Cougars
a cool, new fusion band from the Lake District.